Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Serbian Thanksgiving 2008



My mother has no idea about wine. Including tonight, I have seen her drink twice in my life and the other time was on my 21st birthday. So, when she and her boyfriend bought me a bottle of wine to eat along with Thanksgiving dinner... I thought it was adorable. 

They bought a magnum of TIZIANO CHIANTO 2005. It was typical Sangiovese and nicely put together. With cherry and baking spices on the nose from the moment I opened it. I also got a bright cherry and pomegrante on the palette. About an hour after I opened it, I picked up a little copper. The acid was pretty high throughout the entire time I was drinking which was a little distracting at times because thing was something that I could have only with food. I thought it was excellent with an old country dish my mother prepared with braised pork. At hour number three, the wine completely fell apart. I find this to be a "party wine". It's something you bring to a friends place where there will be a lot of people. Its Chianti. That's all.

As much of a New York City girl I find myself to be, I still wound up gossiping about childhood friends and neighbors while drinking Turkish coffee with my mother. I will never change. I just love dishing about things heard through the grapevine. I can't help it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment